Sunday, June 1, 2008

Early Muppet Shows

I'm not quite finished with my papers yet, although the big stuff is out of the way. I still have some rough drafts to finalize and turn in. In the meantime...

My dad had one of those prehistoric video cassette recorders in the 1970s (the cassettes were rocks), and he often recorded things from the TV for my sister and me. Now with the advent of YouTube, I sometimes come across the things that we watched over and over when I was a kid. Here's one: the original Muppet Show. I can't embed it, so here are the links to part 1, part 2, and part 3. Kermit wasn't the host yet. No laugh track. Some of the voices are different. The guest stars were the seven deadly sins. Me like.

Also, given that Harvey Korman just passed away, here are the links to the first-season Muppet Show where he was the guest: part 1, part 2, part 3.

1 comment:

jacob longshore said...

Thanx for the linx! That just made my day.